This is an extract from  *A Letter To A Rape Victim* by © Pramitha Nair.All credits is reserved by the author and here I'm reposting this to spread the message enclosed in the extract to the people around the Globe.For any Queries -Contact Us 


I read about you in the newspaper today. About what they did to you. I don't know who you are, but I want you to know that you aren't just a rape victim, you can still be the person you once were. I'm sure your lifeless eyes once sparkled with brilliance before those savage low lives ravaged your body & soul. And, I'm sure they will shine again, for ever more.

I know you have tried to wash their dirty touches off your body with buckets of water, but I want you to know that you are not dirty. Because, your soul is immaculate. And, your body is still a sacred temple because of the sanctity of your soul.

I may not walk on the streets holding a candle because it might not make a difference to you, but I do hold a candle to your soul. You may be just a flicker of radiance in the dark that now envelopes you, but this light will see you through it & one day, you will light up the darkness in others' lives too.
I cannot even begin to imagine what you're going through or feel all the pain that erupts through your being, but I want you to know that I empathise with you. I do realise that it doesn't make any difference to you, but to me, you're not just a victim. You are a survivor who will win over this pain. And, I will do anything that is within my capability to provide solace for your scarred soul.
I know you are hurt & broken. And, it is all right to feel the way you do. It is all right to cry. Cry it out, love. Let your tears wash away all the pain. Take your time to heal.

You don't owe it to anyone to keep your head up & pretend to be all right when you aren't. But, darling, you owe it to yourself to be all right. You deserve to be happy. Because, this isn't your fault. If there is anyone who needs to be miserable, it's them.

So, wipe the look of despair off your face. Don't give them the satisfaction of seeing you defeated. Let them know that this isn't enough to break you. Promise yourself that you won't give up. This isn't the end. This is just the beginning. Your courage may falter, but it will never fail you. Show them that your spirit is indomitable. Look into the mirror. It's time to face yourself. See how beautiful you look when you smile. See for yourself that you are unbreakable. You are invincible. Behold the miracle that is you!